Thursday, July 14, 2005

Pouring Down Fun




Well, today Erica came over for lunch just to hang out with the Harper Mama and the Harper Boys. It was awesome conversation and laughter! We love Erica. When Erica was going to leave it started raining........well Eli asked me if he could "Please go play in the rain..." I think......ugh....he will get all wet and then I will have to get a towell and dry him off and then I will have to wash his clothes and when Kai sees him then I will have to deal with him also............what have I turned in too an old no fun mama! Eli awaits my anwser standing there with a pitiful pleading face..........finally I decide he is to cute and why not......."Go aheah crazy!" He was so excited. He ran out into the rain like a crazy man yelling and turning in circles, it was so funny. Kai was sitting by me and when he saw his big brother out in the rain playing and having fun he decided to caustiously venture out of the carport and into the rain..... and to my surprise he loved it! I thought he would cry because of the water in his face. They both had a blast............and to think I almost let them miss all this fun together. I would have missed Eli do his Rain Dance:












He is so hilarious...........he has watched his daddy dance to much.....he he he.










He is such a character! It was really fun to watch Eli and Kai have so much fun in the rain. It is funny sometimes.....things that would be more work for me are usually the most fun for them. I can't believe I almost said no to all of this fun, as a parent I have never really thought about how sometimes I am so selfish and just becuase I don't want more work I will miss these wonderful moments of their lives. I hope that the next time I think like that I will remember that the joy of watching my two boys laughing and playing together far outways the work that comes afterwards! Praise God for the Rain that brought so much joy into our day.

No comments: