Monday, July 11, 2005

Eli's Victory





Victory at last! Eli rejoicing in his accomplishment! For the last three weeks he has been diligently practicing riding his bike with out his training wheels. It all started when his friend Layton from across the street came over riding his bike that is identical to Elis with out his training wheels on. Eli was amazed and immediatly convicted to to take his off too. So over the next 3 weeks Eli would on his own take the intiative to go outside and practice trying to ride his bike all by himself(with us). Layton would come over showing off peddling fast and then braking to make a skid mark........Rick and I just watched in amazement at this boy who is a few months younger than Eli ride so fearlessly and recklessly! It only pushed Eli to practice more. I am telling you he had such determination in doing this. Rick at one point suggested to put his training wheels back on but Eli didn't want to. And this past week when I would hold his seat I started to let go every now and then to see how well he was doing and on Friday when I would hold on to his seat I decided to let go longer and to my surprise he would ride for a good period with out my help. Anyway, today we all went outside because Eli wanted to practice riding his bike again so we did and I was doing something with Kai and Rick was watching Eli when Eli shouted so happily "I am doing it!" and I looked up and there he was riding his bike all by his little self!!! We were clapping, wistling and yelling I just know that our neighbors were wondering what was going on. It was crazy excitement to watch my boy accomplish something that he strived so hard for. He never gave up because it got to hard, he just pushed himself until he got the results he wanted. I pray that he will keep this determination, endurance and patience in his life with Christ. Rick and I am so proud of our little Eli and his first big accomplishment. Yes!

1 comment:

Kayla said...

Hi sweetie! Kayla from PH. BIG GRATS to Eli for his learning to ride his bike! Lovely pics!!! Your blog has me in tears. You are such a great person and your blog has been uplifting. Thank you!