Wednesday, October 05, 2005

The Runaway Hermit

This is Rocky our hermit crab. He lives in the our bathroom suite. Every morning one of Eli's chores is to bath him and feed him. Well, I decided he might enjoy a day by the pool so I got a whipped cream bowl and put a little water in it and his log and we put him in there on the counter. He looked as though he was enjoying himself so we left him and went about our day. About 2 hours later I thought let me go check on Rocky. Empty. The pool area was empty. I thought what, how could he be gone? Then it occured to me that he had climbed on the log and then fell out. So I got nervous cause the bowl was right on the edge of the counter. I started looking around but didn't see him anywhere. I called Eli in the bathroom and he couldn't believe he had gotten out. We both went on a search for him mumbling our ideas to eachother of where he could be. Then I realized that he must still be on the counter cause if he fell he would have cracked his shell, so I looked up there some more and I look in our basket of shells I see this very odd colored shell sitting in another shell and yep there he is. He had climbed in this basket of shells. Eli said awww he wanted to go home with the other shells.












So now we put him in his pool and put it in a larger bowl with shells around it. He really seems to enjoy that as much as a hermit crab can I guess.

No comments: