Sunday, September 25, 2005

A simple act of kindness

I thought this was cute. Today while Eli was on his way into church a man that we don't know well was walking vertical to Eli and when he got close to him he patted him on the head gently. I looked at Eli to see if he noticed but he didn't seem to, he just kept walking with out evening glancing up. Then like a second later he said to himself but loud enough so that I could here him..."What a sweet man". I asked him why he thought that and he said, "he just patted me on the head". Awwwww, I thought that was so sweet. When the man patted him on the head I didn't think Eli had thought it to be of any significance. But he did, inside he felt that man touch his head and it immediatly warmed Eli's heart. I wonder how often that happens in my life. That I touch someone and to me it looked like it didn't faze them at all but in actuallity touched them deeply or just enough to make them smile inside. Maybe just a "God bless you" to a gloomy cashier or a "You look beautiful" to a lady at church. They may not act as if what i said affected them much but you never know what they are feeling inside.


Kai is now saying a few words. Of course only me and Rick can understand them but they count all the same. He says thank you, I love you, Bubba, Mamma, Dadda, what is that, and his all time favorite.........ELI. He loves his Eli. He shouts for him if he is not around. He is a precious little monster!

No comments: