Monday, August 08, 2005

Eli's view






















Today in class I asked him to draw a picture of what he thought God looked like and what heaven looked like. He was a little weary at first but he said okay and started drawing. When he was done this is the picture he had drawn for me and on the side is his description of the picture.
In case you can't read it it says: "This is God and their house in heaven looking out their windows watching out for the children as they play. And Huzzy lives with God and Jesus in their house. God is in his house cooking food for Huzzy. He is cooking her favorite food."


















God is the top one and the bottom one is Jesus and to the left of Jesus is Huzzy and they are all sitting on their window seals watching out for the children down here. Isn't it interesting to get inside of a childs mind. It is so sweet how his idea of heaven is a house and there are only 3 people up there to him God, Jesus, and his Huzzy and that they are all looking out for him and all the children down here.


Let me also tell you something he said the other day while he was coloring. I was cleaning up the kithcen from lunch and had Jars of Clay on the cd player listening to the song Jesus Blood. I didn't really think that Eli would be listening to it but he was. He was soaking up the words from the song as he sat there. I walked by him just moving along doing my business and he said to me "That is so sad." Completely thrown off course I asked him what was sad and he said "That Jesus had to die" Oh how my heart melted in that moment. I told him yes it is sad that he died and tried to explain why he died. Then after we talked for a little while about Jesus he got up from the table and I could tell that he was in deep thought about all of it and he sat on the floor in the kithen and asked me if I could play the "hasn't failed my yet song again". He sat on the floor for the whole song staring at the floor listening to the words. When it was over he said again "that is sad" and got up and played. It is amazing to me the mind of my 4 year old and how much it is turning and listening with such intentiveness to all the things around him. I am enjoying watching him grow in the physical but much more in his growth of understanding God and Jesus Christ.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

AMEN AND AMEN!!!!
MAMA KAT

JavaMama said...

It is truly amazing but Huzzy is Eli's grandma who passed away almost a year ago. Yeah, he doesn't know who the Holy Spirit is yet. We are getting there.