Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Daily Struggles

A struggling mother, yep that's me. I struggle pretty much everyday with well to be honest a little bit of everything. Anger, selfishness, pride, laziness, a wrong heart, a bad attitude and everything inbetween. But in these struggles I know that I will persevere through them, because I want to glorify God and the only way I can is if I get control over these struggles. And I have assurance that one day I will have them under control and not to perfection but as close to it as possible. I want to take them out of the hands from which they are being given to me everyday and hand them over to my God. When he hands them to me I want to smile and joyfully in his face just bring them straight to God with no hesitation. I try in my daily life to think of the battle that I am constantly in and to remember that there is one who so desperately wants my soul and is trying diligently to conquer me through my struggles. But I pray that I will also remember that Christ gives me nothing that I can't handle, He only allows the evil one to test me with what He knows that I can handle, and the only reason I can handle these is because He gives me strength. He gives me strength in so many ways some days it is through His word, some the encouragement of others, and sometimes just knowing that others are struggling with the same things that I am. I am reminded of what Paul says in:

2 Corinthians 12:9-10

But he said to me, "My grace is sufficiant for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

I love that verse, how amazing and humble, that in my weaknesses His power is made Perfect and wow how His grace is sufficiant. Thank you God for your grace that flows like a river. I know I will never be relieved completely of these burdens, He will though give me the strength to carry them and He will show His strength through my weaknness. It is splendid how He works through me to bring Himself glory! That is what I want to do in my everyday life is to bring Him glory and to be His instrument. Join me in being an instrument of the Lord, let's completely surrender ourselves to God and let Him do what He pleases with us even when it goes against what we feel. Let us walk daily with God and really listen to what He tells us to do so that He will recieve the glory through our obedience to Him.

1 Timothy 2:20-22
In a large house there are articles not only of gold and silver, but also of wood and clay; some are for noble purposes and some for ignoble. If a man cleanses himself from the latter, he will be an instrument for noble purposes, made holy, useful to the Master and prepared to do any good work.
Flee the evil desires of youth, and pursue righteousness, faith, love and peace, along with those who call on the Lord out of a pure heart.

Have a blessed day in the Lord~

No comments: